Coping with the stress of a cancer diagnosis can be tough. It may help to seek out help from support groups and friends.
- Get plenty of rest during treatment and don't be afraid to ask for help.
- Follow your doctor's advice. Ask if you are unsure about anything.
- There are no stupid questions.
- Tell your doctor about any medications, vitamins or supplements you are taking to make sure they are safe to use during radiation therapy.
- Eat a balanced diet and drink plenty of fluids. If you're having trouble eating, tell your doctor, nurse or dietitian.
- Treat the skin exposed to radiation with special care. Stay out of the sun, avoid hot or cold packs, only use lotions and ointments after checking with your doctor or nurse and clean the area with warm water and mild soap.